"A body in motion tends to stay in motion"
Mondays 5:30 pm
Silver Creek Clogging Studio
503 N 2nd St
Classes are drop-in $10 per class
February 3rd and 10th
March 2nd, 9th, 16th, and 30th
April 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th
May 4th, 11th, and 18th
Restorative Exercise Classes at Silver Creek Crossfit
403 Lewis St
drop in fee $10 (no membership needed to attend these classes)
Mondays 8:30 am
Wednesdays 10:30 am
Saturdays 8 am
Please Text 503-910-1045 before coming to class for the first time
In 2014, after years of yoga, running, and exercise classes I was sore and in pain. Chiropractic, massage, and acupuncture were required to keep me feeling well and active. I tried different eating prescriptions (gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, vegan, vegetarian) Still there was something missing and I felt it.
Then I learned about the work of Katy Bowman, biomechanist, who developed the Restorative Exercise™ program when she noticed a relationship between many common diseases and how we use (or don’t use) our bodies. She later created Nutritious Movement. I read a couple books, watched a couple videos, it made sense but it was different than the intense exercise I was use to doing. I changed my sitting and walking habits, wore different shoes and over a short amount of time I noticed I was feeling better and better. I was hooked. I became a Certified Restorative Exercise Specialist so I could keep learning and share this new philosophy of movement and life. I still run, do yoga, and a few Crossfit classes but I am aware of my body alignment and capabilities so I feel stronger and more confident. I also follow and love the natural movement workouts from MovNat. We are all designed to move in nature and in certain ways, using our bodies like this give strength and clarity in all my daily movements and tasks.
What is Restorative Exercise with Nutritious Movement?
Nutritious Movement RES is a whole-body movement program that utilizes exercises, alignment adjustments, and habitat (lifestyle) changes to better move all trillion of your body’s parts.
Why should I come to a Nutritious Movement™Restorative Exercise class?
We were not designed to spend 8-12 hours a day in chairs, drive cars instead of walking, lounge on couches, use modern seat toilets and wear positive-heel footwear. We were not designed to hunch over smartphones or type on a computer keyboard all day. We were not designed for this, yet this is what we’re doing. And spending 1-2 hours a day at the gym won’t counteract it at all. In fact, it often makes it worse.
- If you truly want to be the healthiest you possible and live an active life..Restorative Exercise™ may be able to help you.
- If you want to reduce or eliminate pain(knee, back, foot, hip, neck, generalized all-over pain…Restorative Exercise™ may be able to help you.
- If you have been told you might need joint surgery…Restorative Exercise™ may be able to help you.
- If you think aches, pains and osteoporosis are part of growing older…Restorative Exercise™ may be able to help you.
- If you want to regulate digestion, improve circulation and cardiovascular health, boost organ function, develop your strength, eliminate headaches and build up bone density…Restorative Exercise™ may be able to help you.
- If you want to improve Pelvic Floor Disorders (menstrual cramps, urinary issues, pelvic pain, organ prolapse, prostate issues)…Restorative Exercise™ may be able to help you.
- If you want to move your body better…Restorative Exercise™ may be able to help you
Restorative Exercise is not a magic bullet. There are many reasons why we are in pain and many of them are created by the way we move (and don't move) now. You can achieve a remarkable level of transformation but it does takes commitment to being more aware of your daily movements and increasing them. The exercises are simple and most can be incorporated into your day to day life - but you do have to do them for them to work.